- What is academic detailing? Academic detailing is a form of continuing medical education (CME) in which a knowledgeable and experienced health care professional (usually a pharmacist) visits the participants at their offices or clinics for one-on-one discussions on selected drug therapy topics. Academic detailing (sometimes called educational outreach) provides physicians and other health care professionals in-depth, evidence-based information at a convenient time and place. Several randomized controlled trials and systematic reviews have found that academic detailing is an effective form of CME.
- * BC Provincial Academic Detailing (PAD) service (note the description of academic detailing is taken from this site.)
- 3 primary care networks in the Edmonton region: no web site
- * RxFiles: www.rxfiles.ca
- Prescription Information Services of Manitoba (PrISM): currently restructuring, no web site
- Hamilton Family Health Team: there is only a web site for the FHT, no dedicated page for the academic detailing program
- University of Western Ontario: web site in development
- * Dalhousie Academic Detailing Service (ADS)
* = major province-wide programs Others are smaller programs for very targeted audiences.