The EvidenceNetwork.ca website (the “Site”) is owned and operated by the University of Manitoba (the “University) on behalf of the Evidence Network of Canadian Health Policy.
- You are granted a limited licence to use the content posted on the Site for your own private research or study or for the purpose of news reporting, provided that the meaning of the content is not modified. Any other use of the content is prohibited.
- You acknowledge that the University is the owner of all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Site and any derivative work thereof. You will not attempt to sell, transfer, licence, sub-licence, reverse engineer, change, create a derivative of, or copy the Site, or any part thereof.
- Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks or official marks of the University or other entities. The display of any such marks does not imply that the University or other entities have granted a licence or authorization of any kind to use such marks.
No Advice or Warranties
- The content on the Site is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, whether medical, legal or otherwise.
- The University expressly disclaims any express or implied warranties regarding the Site or the content posted thereon. In particular, the University does not warrant that the Site will function adequately for any particular purpose, with reliability, or on an error-free and uninterrupted basis.
- The University does not warrant that all the content posted on the Site shall be accurate, truthful, or free of intellectual property claims of others. You agree that your use of any content is at your own risk.
- You agree that the University, and its faculty and staff, shall not be liable to you in regard to any loss or damage related to your use of the Site, including through service interruptions, loss of information or content, or disclosure of confidential information, even if caused through negligence. Moreover, in no circumstances will the University, and its faculty and staff, be liable for any consequential, incidental, or punitive damages, or economic loss related to your use of the Site.
Links to Other Sites
- The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other Internet resources that may be of interest. Parties other than the University independently develop and maintain these other sites. Therefore, the University does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, the University is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites.
- A link to another site should not be construed to mean that the University is associated with or is legally authorized to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the link or the description of the link to such other sites. You must read the terms and conditions of such other sites governing the use of content. In addition, the mention of another party or its product or services on the Site should not be construed as an endorsement of that party or its product or service by the University.
- In using the Site, you agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
- If you visit the Site to browse, read pages or download information, the University may gather and store certain information about the visit. The following information is collected automatically:
1. the IP address and domain name used;
2. the type of browser and operating system;
3. the date and time of the visit;
4. the web pages of the site accessed
This information is used for website management. The University will not release this information to third parties unless required to do so by law.
- The University does not collect other personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to use specific parts of the Site. Personal information you do provide will only be used for the purpose described at the time the information is collected, and will be retained only so long as necessary for the purposes it was collected or as required by law. The University will not release personal information to third parties unless required to do so by law.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and the University with regard to your use of the Site, and there are no other terms, representations, warranties or promises other than those contained herein.
- If any provision of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable or illegal, such provision will be severed, and the remainder of these Terms will be continue in full force and effect, provided the substantive intent of this agreement is preserved.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Manitoba and Canada. Any dispute shall be referred to the appropriate administrative body of the University, or where there is no appropriate body, to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Court of Queen’s Bench (Winnipeg Centre).